Two guys, some beer, and a truck.
For most craft beer drinkers it’s easy to sniff out a local brewery. But in Steamboat Springs Colorado circa 2006, Mark Fitzgerald immediately smelled the ABSENCE of one.
So Mark took matters into his own hands and began brewing at home. He quickly realized how much he enjoyed putting as much thought into what he drank as most chefs do with the food they prepare. With every new batch of tasty suds, Mark got further along in the brainstorming and development of Steamboat’s first local production brewery.
At around the same time came Nathan Johansing, a Colorado Native who has spent most of his life in Steamboat Springs. In the pursuit of “higher beer learning,” Nate earned his Master’s Degree in Brewing from the Siebel Institute of Technology and Doemens Academy in Munich Germany. Nate serves on the Board of Kalsec (formerly the Kalamazoo Spice Extraction Company), a company which has led the industry in the research of hop extracts for decades.
So Nate has essentially been in the “beer world” for many years now. He manages most of our recipe development, brewing and packaging processes, and the on-site yeast laboratory. He’s the mad scientist that makes our selection so delicious.
Together Mark and Nate combine their passion for beer and a love for the outdoorsy, Colorado lifestyle. Simply put… they brew beer that they like to drink.
More people, more beer, still just one truck.
- Lead Brewer: “Handsome” Rob Schwarz (email@example.com)
- Account Manager (Steamboat/Routt/Moffat/Grand): stay tuned…
- Account Manager (Denver/Front Range): David Vinezeano (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tap Room: Chuck O’Connell (Manager), Colin McCaulley, Asa Ireland
- Social Media: Asa Ireland (email@example.com)
- #1 Assistant Everything: Matt Troeger
- Packaging Specialist: Kyle Page
- Packaging Specialist: David Elrod